- Graduates with 4-year degrees make 98% more money an hour than non-graduates.
- The unemployment rate for 25-34-year-olds with a degree is only three percent [3%].
- The average hourly wage for a college graduate is $32.60.
- Not going to college will cost you an average of $500,000.00 in a lifetime.
U. S. Department of Education: Fact Sheet: Focusing Higher Education on Student Success
In today’s economy, higher education is no longer a luxury for the privileged few, but a necessity for individual economic opportunity and America’s competitiveness in the global economy. At a time when jobs can go anywhere in the world, skills and education will determine success for individuals and for nations. As a result, college education remains the best investment a student can make in his or her future.
- College graduates with a bachelor’s degree typically earn 66 percent more than those with only a high school diploma; and are also far less likely to face unemployment.
- Over the course of a lifetime, the average worker with a bachelor’s degree will earn approximately $1 million more than a worker without a postsecondary education.
- By 2020, an estimated two-thirds of job openings will require postsecondary education or training.